We are looking for a confident people person to support us with engage with our diverse communities , helping to gain their views and experiences but also provide forums to share information and updates on Covid and local support. The role will involve some face to face work and travel where safe, but excellent digital skills to set up video rooms and use of social media is essential.
You will be required to work on different projects obtaining resident and client feedback through a range of channels as well as in person and through partners and local groups. Experience of gaining insight in a research role either paid or unpaid would be an advantage.
We are looking for someone who is able to start as soon as possible due to the nature of the role being implemented to research and gain insight in todays changing environment for our communities.
Please note we reserve the right to close early if the right candidate has been found.
- Paid annual leave (+ bank holidays)
- Company Sick Pay (Qualifying period required)
- Company pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible employer sensitive to the needs of today’s workforce
- Commitment to continued professional development
- Working for a locally focused charity dedicated to assisting and empowering the community, and helping influence changes to government policy
- Engage and communicate with people from different backgrounds
- Work with residents, groups and others to develop an evidence base of experiences and need for future services or support
- Build relationships across our diverse communities
For more information please take a look at the Role Description within the Job Pack.
Essential knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of the diverse communities in Crawley, Mid Sussex and other areas in West Sussex
- Knowledge and experience of project planning in a work or other role
- Experience of working with or lived experience of the needs of diverse communities and people of different backgrounds, and the barriers they face
- Experience of engagement with people to gain insight including one to one interviews, focus groups, surveys and activities
- Experience in researching and recording information, including evaluating data, feedback and presenting it back to different people.
Essential Skills and behaviours
- An understanding of and ability to empathise with the needs of people from a diverse range of backgrounds and disadvantaged communities
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise own work, meet deadlines and work as a team to support others
- Demonstrable commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
- Very good digital skills including using video platforms, Microsoft Office and digital tools to manage projects and own work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with people from different backgrounds and roles, including listening skills and an ability to quickly develop a rapport.
- Experience of research and developing online surveys
- Experience of writing high quality reports using a range of formats and styles
- Understanding of GDPR in relation to personal data
- Please reference if you have a driving license or able to travel and if you have any additional languages or qualifications you think may support you in delivering this role.
Citizens Advice in West Sussex (North, South, East) (CAWS) is a registered charity and part of the national Citizens Advice Network. We operate with the twin aims of the Citizens Advice service; providing advice people need for the problems they face, and working to improve the policies and practices that affect people’s lives. The service we provide is free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities. We value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination.
CAWS delivers a range of advice services, funded by local and national contracts. We work in partnership with a range of stakeholders (including the local authority, Macmillan, Shelter, the Probation Service and various Housing Associations).
Citizens Advice experience is not a requirement for this post, although an understanding of the service is desirable.
Please use the person specification found within the Job pack to guide your responses in the application form.
|Location||Crawley or Mid-Sussex with travel|
|Hours||37 hours/PT can be considered|
|Salary||£19,600-24k per annum depending on experience|
|Contract type||fixed until March 2021|
|Closing Date||29th of October 2020, Please note we reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable applicant has been found.|
|Interview Date||3rd of November 2020|