An exciting opportunity has arisen in our organisation as Facilities Officer, allowing you to be part of something amazing supporting a charity to maintain their premises across West Sussex. If you would like to be part of an organisation making a difference to people’s lives we would love to hear from you.
- Paid annual leave (+ bank holidays)
- Company Sick Pay (Qualifying period required)
- Company pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible employer sensitive to the needs of today’s workforce
- Commitment to continued professional development
- Working for a locally focused charity dedicated to assisting and empowering the community, and helping influence changes to government policy
This is a short term project role focusing on coordinating, organising and ensuring our premises responsibilities and plans are delivered so we meet new COVID-19 requirements and can deliver our services, ensure we are meeting existing rules and start improving our office environments.
We have 6 office locations and around 18 Community outreaches however it is likely this role will focus on our Horsham and Haywards Heath offices.
- Good knowledge of health and safety regulations in relation to office premises including fire risks
- Experience of undertaking premises risk assessments and implementing recommended actions
- Experience of coordinating job quotes, working with and managing contractors and organising improvement or maintenance works to specification, on time and in budget
- Experience of successfully delivering project plans ideally related to premises improvements
- Excellent communication skills including providing clear direction, negotiating and confidence managing contractor relationships.
- A team player with the ability to build trust and rapport
- Commitment to quality and delivering value in your work and others.
- Excellent personal organisation skills, able to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines on multiple tasks.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Citizens Advice values and uphold equality, diversity and inclusion principles.
- Ability to work alone, with minimal supervision and be self motivated
- Able to undertake some practical work , such as moving items for disposal, organising rooms and areas, moving equipment with the right support and training.
- Citizens Advice in West Sussex (North, South, East) (CAWS) is a registered charity and part of the national Citizens Advice Network. We operate with the twin aims of the Citizens Advice service; providing advice people need for the problems they face and working to improve the policies and practices that affect people’s lives. The service we provide is free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities. We value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination.
- CAWS delivers a range of advice services, funded by local and national contracts. It works in partnership with a range of stakeholders (including the local authority, Macmillan, Shelter, the Probation Service and various Housing Associations)
Citizens Advice experience is not a requirement for this post although an understanding of the service is desirable
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
|Location||Flexible within the different offices across West Sussex with frequent travel to premises across West Sussex|
|Hours||24 hours per week|
|Salary||£19k per annum pro rate|
|Contract type||Temporary (3 months)|
|Interview Date||Agreed with the right candidate|