Money advice for people from diverse backgrounds in Crawley
Free, confidential, impartial money and debt advice
In Summer 2020, we researched the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on people from a Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic background in Crawley. The research found that the pandemic has had a worse effect on people from these backgrounds, including a negative impact on people’s financial situation.
We are offering advice and information to people from diverse backgrounds in Crawley, who are worried about money and debt.
We can also help if you’d like information to prevent yourself getting into difficulties. All queries are welcome!
For further information or support please call 01903 768478 or email us your contact details and our Caseworker will contact you back: firstname.lastname@example.org
Face-to-face appointments are available.
If you need support but you live outside Crawley, please call 0808 278 7969
Our advice is free, confidential, independent and impartial.
In Summer 2020, we researched the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on people from a Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic background in Crawley.
We found that the pandemic has had a worse effect on people from these backgrounds, including a negative impact on people’s financial situation.
Could you help us shape this service?
Share your views:
We have developed this service using feedback from members of various diverse communities around Crawley. If you would like to help shape this service, please complete our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/RPZCBPJ
We have an Advisory Group which meets every two weeks, to gain insight around how best to provide our services. The group also gather feedback around any concerns BAME communities might have surrounding Coronavirus, finances, or anything else.
If you would like to get involved with this group, please email us: email@example.com
What we can help with
We can also help you to budget better.
Your energy usage
Quick Hints & Tips
There are ways you can help to reduce the cost of energy, and also the amount of energy you use.
- Use your heating controls more effectively, such as thermostats, radiator valves and timers. You can save £100 per year by only heating your home when you really need it.
- Use energy efficient lightbulbs – this can save £50 over the lifetime of the bulb.
- Turn off appliances instead of leaving them on standby – this can save £30 each year.
- Switch your provider for one that gives you a better tariff. You can check whether you can get a better rate yourself by using our comparison tool.
- You can apply for grants and spport from your supplier and also from the Government.
- Get in touch with us to get expert, friendly help.