Help with the cost of your energy bills
The Energy Advice Programme in West Sussex
The cost of energy can cause plenty of stress, if you are struggling to pay your bills. You might find that you are worried about turning on your heating at home, or having to choose between keeping your home warm and feeding your family.
We can help you to find a way to reduce your energy costs. We can help you to find a better deal, choose the right payment method for you, and access help from energy suppliers and from the Government.
We will look at your situation and research your options. We can help you to contact your supplier and apply for grants you may be eligible for.
As part of our process…
We can also help you to budget better.
Your energy usage
You can contact us on Adviceline, email us, or visit us at your local advice centre to request an appointment.All our contact details can be found on the link at the top of this page.
Quick Hints & Tips
There are ways you can help to reduce the cost of energy, and also the amount of energy you use.
- Use your heating controls more effectively, such as thermostats, radiator valves and timers. You can save £100 per year by only heating your home when you really need it.
- Use energy efficient lightbulbs – this can save £50 over the lifetime of the bulb.
- Turn off appliances instead of leaving them on standby – this can save £30 each year.
- Switch your provider for one that gives you a better tariff. You can check whether you can get a better rate yourself by using our comparison tool.
- You can apply for grants and spport from your supplier and also from the Government.
- Get in touch with us to get expert, friendly help.