We are looking for a confident and flexible individual to join the Welfare Benefit Rights Team providing high quality, effective and efficient financial support, advice and information for people affected by cancer. If you would like to be part of a high performing team making a difference to individuals and their families at some very challenging times, we would love to hear from you.
- 23 days’ annual holiday pro-rata (+ bank holidays)
- Company Sick Pay
- Company pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible employer sensitive to the needs of today’s workforce
- Commitment to continued professional development
- Working for a locally focused charity dedicated to assisting and empowering the community, and helping influence changes to government policy
- To interview clients utilising all communication channels, face-to-face, telephone, email & web chat, providing accurate welfare support, advice and information.
- To manage own caseload effectively.
- To liaise with statutory and voluntary organisations such as Department of Work and Pensions, Social Services, and community organisations as appropriate.
- To work within a small, dedicated and committed team
- Recent and relevant experience of providing welfare benefits advice
- Experience of effective caseload management
- Competent in the use of IT systems
- An understanding of the issues and sensitivities involved when dealing with clients living with cancer and their families and carers
- Use of a car is essential due to the need to carry out home visits in rural areas and attend outreach locations across Sussex as necessary
- The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
Citizens Advice experience is not a requirement for this post although an understanding of the service is desirable.
|Location||Citizens Advice Worthing (will include travel to outreaches within Sussex)|
|Hours||15 per week|
|Salary||£22,500 - £28,000 FTE (£9,121 to £11,351 actual) depending on experience|
|Contract type||1 Year Fixed Term with possibility to extend|
|Closing Date||21st of October 2019|
|Interview Date||24th and 25th of October|