An exciting opportunity has arisen in our organisation as Money Advice Caseworker, Are you passionate about money advice, resolving debts and helping clients to find a way forward? We are looking for an outstanding debt/money advisor to join our growing debt team. You will have the debt experience needed to meet MAPS crtierias but also have a commitment to quality, be outcomes focused, agile and put the client at the centre of what you do. If you would like to be part of an organisation making a difference to people’s lives, we would love to hear from you.
- Paid annual leave (+ bank holidays)
- Company Sick Pay (Qualifying period required)
- Company pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible employer sensitive to the needs of today’s workforce
- Commitment to continued professional development
- Working for a locally focused charity dedicated to assisting and empowering the community, and helping influence changes to government policy
- To ensure the delivery of high quality money advice and casework across the spectrum of the debt process.
- To achieve the best appropriate outcomes for the people faced with debt issues.
- To provide locum support as needed to neighboring organisations.
For more information please take a look at the Role Description within the Job Pack.
- Able to be accredited casework/specialist level in accordance with the MAS Quality Framework.
- Experience of delivering high-quality advice and casework or have two years’ full time (2,200 hours) or equivalent part-time experience of delivering debt advice.
- Ability to maintain a debt advice caseload across the breadth of debt advice topics and range of complexity and keep their own technical knowledge up to date by completing CPD 16 points.
- Expert knowledge of, and proven ability of providing debt advice to DAPA (or equivalent) standards and FCA requirements.
- Knowledge of the Money Advice Service DAPA scheme (previously Peer Review Scheme)
- Awareness of, and ability to, understand and empathise with clients from a diverse range of backgrounds and disadvantaged groups living in the community to provide outstanding customer service.
- Up to date knowledge of the key issues of debt advice arising from legislation, regulation, policy, practice and services
- Ability to deliver advice and casework over multiple channels including Face to Face, phone, email, video and web chat advice to clients.
- A proven commitment to continuing professional development.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills both in writing and verbally, able to communicate with a range of audiences and at different levels.
- Excellent organisation skills, able to meet deadlines and prioritise own work and support others.
- Excellent IT skills, able to independently use a range of applications, software and Microsoft office
- An understanding of safeguarding and able to apply this in the work
- A demonstrable commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and able to apply this to different aspects of your work
- Able to travel to different locations
- Desireable to have experience of mentoring and training volunteers and staff
- Citizens Advice in West Sussex (North, South, East) (CAWS) is a registered charity and part of the national Citizens Advice Network. We operate with the twin aims of the Citizens Advice service; providing advice people need for the problems they face and working to improve the policies and practices that affect people’s lives. The service we provide is free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities. We value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination.
- CAWS delivers a range of advice services, funded by local and national contracts. It works in partnership with a range of stakeholders (including the local authority, Macmillan, Shelter, the Probation Service and various Housing Associations)
Citizens Advice experience is not a requirement for this post although an understanding of the service is desirable
Please use the person specification found within the Job pack to guide your responses in the application form.
|Location||Crawley & West Sussex locations|
|Hours||37 hours per week|
|Salary||£22- 28,000 depending on experience|
|Contract type||2 year contract, likely to extend beyond.|
|Closing Date||9am, 21st of September 2020|