An exciting opportunity has arisen in our organisation as Money Advice Supervisor, allowing you to be part of something amazing, supporting a charity and supervising our Money Advice team. You will also be ensuring compliance with performance targets and quality standards.
If you would like to be part of an organisation making a difference to people’s lives, we would love to hear from you.
- Paid annual leave (+ bank holidays)
- Company Sick Pay (Qualifying period required)
- Company pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible employer sensitive to the needs of today’s workforce
- Commitment to continued professional development
- Working for a locally focused charity dedicated to assisting and empowering the community, and helping influence changes to government policy
To support the supervision of our Money Advice team in giving debt advice and ensuring an excellent and effective service, so we can help as many people as possible.
For more information please take a look at the Role Description within the Job Pack.
• Accredited member of the Institute of Money Advisers and hold the Certificate in Money Advice Practice or Equivalent.
• Have 2 years or more experience in delivering Money Advice including specialist debt casework delivered through a money and pensions service debt advice contract.
• Experience of working within the Money and Pensions Service Quality Framework and Debt Advice Peer Assessment.
• Experience of delivering debt advice through different channels – telephone, digital, face-to-face including outreach locations.
• Have achieve the MaPS competency requirements for a Money Advice Supervisor (or be working towards) and have experience of monitoring casework for quality.
• Excellent customer service and engagement skills with an understanding of the issues involved in interviewing clients.
• Experience of giving specialist debt/money advice dealing with Informal arrangements, IVA’s, DRO’s, Bankruptcy, medical write offs and complex debt enquires.
• Ability to plan and organise own work, effective written communication skills, negotiation skills, can prepare reviews, reports and meet deadlines under pressure. Numerate and literate to a level required by the role.
- Citizens Advice in West Sussex (North, South, East) (CAWS) is a registered charity and part of the national Citizens Advice Network. We operate with the twin aims of the Citizens Advice service; providing advice people need for the problems they face and working to improve the policies and practices that affect people’s lives. The service we provide is free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities. We value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination.
- CAWS delivers a range of advice services, funded by local and national contracts. It works in partnership with a range of stakeholders (including the local authority, Macmillan, Shelter, the Probation Service and various Housing Associations)
Citizens Advice experience is not a requirement for this post although an understanding of the service is desirable
Please use the person specification found within the Job pack to guide your responses in the application form.
|Location||Flexible at one of our offices in West Sussex, and with the opportunity to work from home|
|Hours||37 hours per week|
|Salary||£28-31,000 per annum, depending on experience|
|Contract type||Fixed term for a period of 2 years, likely to extend beyond, awaiting confirmation.|
|Closing Date||9 am, 21/8/20|