We are looking for someone to help us expand and transform our client advice services by developing and improving our operational procedures as we go through a period of rapid growth. You will work with our service delivery teams to ensure we have the right resources and processes in place to deliver to increase our capacity and reach more people through digital and face to face services.
You will be a problem solver who works well with people, excellent planning skills and able to implement them, able to set and work to KPIs and a commitment to delivering value for client services.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an innovative and thriving organisation who can quickly make a big impact in our service delivery.
We are welcoming the opportunity to apply as a secondment opportunity to existing Citizens Advice staff members.
Please note we reserve the right to close early if the right candidate has been found.
- Paid annual leave (+ bank holidays)
- Company Sick Pay (Qualifying period required)
- Company pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible employer sensitive to the needs of today’s workforce
- Commitment to continued professional development
- Working for a locally focused charity dedicated to assisting and empowering the community, and helping influence changes to government policy
- Engage and communicate with people from different backgrounds
- Work with residents, groups and others to develop an evidence base of experiences and need for future services or support
- Build relationships across our diverse communities
For more information please take a look at the Role Description within the Job Pack.
Essential knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of the diverse communities in Crawley, Mid Sussex and other areas in West Sussex
- Knowledge and experience of project planning in a work or other role
- Experience of working with or lived experience of the needs of diverse communities and people of different backgrounds, and the barriers they face
- Experience of engagement with people to gain insight including one to one interviews, focus groups, surveys and activities
- Experience in researching and recording information, including evaluating data, feedback and presenting it back to different people.
Essential Skills and behaviours
- An understanding of and ability to empathise with the needs of people from a diverse range of backgrounds and disadvantaged communities
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise own work, meet deadlines and work as a team to support others
- Demonstrable commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
- Very good digital skills including using video platforms, Microsoft Office and digital tools to manage projects and own work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with people from different backgrounds and roles, including listening skills and an ability to quickly develop a rapport.
- Experience of research and developing online surveys
- Experience of writing high quality reports using a range of formats and styles
- Understanding of GDPR in relation to personal data
- Please reference if you have a driving license or able to travel and if you have any additional languages or qualifications you think may support you in delivering this role.
Citizens Advice in West Sussex (North, South, East) (CAWS) is a registered charity and part of the national Citizens Advice Network. We operate with the twin aims of the Citizens Advice service; providing advice people need for the problems they face, and working to improve the policies and practices that affect people’s lives. The service we provide is free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities. We value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination.
CAWS delivers a range of advice services, funded by local and national contracts. We work in partnership with a range of stakeholders (including the local authority, Macmillan, Shelter, the Probation Service and various Housing Associations).
Citizens Advice experience is not a requirement for this post, although an understanding of the service is desirable.
Please use the person specification found within the Job pack to guide your responses in the application form.
|Location||Flexible at one of our offices across West Sussex, travel required|
|Hours||37 hours per week, full time|
|Salary||£28-32k per annum depending on experience|
|Contract type||1 year fixed term|
|Closing Date||9 am, 9th of November 2020, CAWS reserve the right to close early or extend|
|Interview Date||10th of November 2020|