We have an exciting opportunity for an excellent Service Delivery Manager to ensure the delivery of our advice programmes and projects. You will manage and lead advice teams including the Debt caseworkers, ensuring quality is at its highest as well as meeting our contract and performance targets. You will work with stakeholders including funders, develop and negotiate business cases and produce high quality reports.
The ideal candidate will have experience of delivering advice and casework in an area of social welfare law and knowledge of external advice quality standards and of managing or leading a team. Debt knowledge would be an advantage.
We reserve the right to close early or extend the vacancy.
- Paid annual leave plus bank holidays
- Company Sick Pay (Qualifying period required)
- Company pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible employer sensitive to the needs of today’s workforce
- Commitment to continued professional development
- Working for a locally focused charity dedicated to assisting and empowering the community, and helping influence changes to government policy
Working within Client Services you will manage multiple advice teams and projects with paid staff and volunteers to deliver advice and casework, including the MAPS debt team.
You will oversee the successful delivery of those services, ensuring work is delivered to a high standard and meet our quality measures, meeting targets and continuously striving to improve, undertaking quality checks in your own team and others.
You will supervise teams and provide line management of staff and supervision of volunteers. You will support the development and delivery of both internal and external training.
As part of the management team you will support the development of business plans, meet with stakeholders and support the development and negotiation of business cases and high quality reports. You will support the development of policies and procedures, ensuring compliance including oversight of data protection and safeguarding.
Essential knowledge and experience
- At least 2 years experience of delivering advice and casework in an area of social welfare law.
- Knowledge of external advice quality standards and experience of delivering services against them including quality checks, audits and following advice frameworks.
- Recent experience of leading and managing a team to successfully deliver contract targets and continuously improving services.
- Experience of working with external stakeholders including partners and funders to deliver services and identify new opportunities to work together.
- Experience of using IT and Client Relationship Management Systems to record data, run reports and monitor performance.
Essential skills and behaviours
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills appropriate to different audiences.
- A demonstrable commitment to our values, aims and principles.
- Able to manage competing demands, prioritise workloads, meet deadlines and ensure others are able to do the same
- Excellent IT and digital skills including Microsoft office, case management systems and able to use them to deliver work and support others to do the same.
- An understanding of, and empathy towards, the needs of people from a range of backgrounds and experiences.
- A demonstrable commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion in your work and that of others.
- Experience of Money Advice and delivering debt projects
- Experience of supervising and volunteers
- Experience of working in a management team
- Citizens Advice in West Sussex (North, South, East) (CAWS) is a registered charity and part of the national Citizens Advice Network. We operate with the twin aims of the Citizens Advice service; providing advice people need for the problems they face and working to improve the policies and practices that affect people’s lives. The service we provide is free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities. We value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination.
- CAWS delivers a range of advice services, funded by local and national contracts. It works in partnership with a range of stakeholders (including the local authority, Macmillan, Shelter, the Probation Service and various Housing Associations)
Citizens Advice experience is not a requirement for this post although an understanding of the service is desirable.
Closing date: 9 am, 4th of November
Interviews: 11th of November
Please return your completed application form to email@example.com
|Location||Crawley, Horsham or Mid Sussex with opportunity to blend with work from home, travel required|
|Hours||37 hours per week, full time|
|Salary||c. £33,000k per annum dependant on experience|
|Closing Date||9 am, 9th of November 2020, CAWS reserve the right to close early|
|Interview Date||11th of November 2020|