Confused about benefits? We can help
Check which benefits you could apply for
Use an independent benefits calculator to find out:
- What benefits you could get
- How to claim
- How your benefits will be affected if you start work
- *If you use our benefit checker, we will be able to retrieve your calculations if you need to contact us in the future about your benefit application.
Our adviser helped us navigate the complicated benefits landscape
Do you know what you might be entitled to?
It’s important to make sure that you get all the help that you’re entitled to. Learn about the welfare benefits that you can get and how they are paid.
Citizens Advice in West Sussex can give you information and advice on benefits and tax credits if you are:
- On a low income or unemployed
- A sick or disabled person, or their carers
- Transitioning to Universal Credit (please click here for further info on our Help to Claim service)
- Having a baby
- An older person
- Coming from EU
We also have information about council tax reduction and housing costs, national insurance, payment of benefits and problems with benefits.
If you are not happy with a decision, find out what you can do and how you can appeal.