We can help you tackle problems with housing
Housing issues will always arise and therefore it’s important you know your rights and responsibilities. We can give you advice on where you stand, whether you are renting your home or paying a mortgage.
Housing issues can vary, from getting repairs completed to being evicted. We can help whether the problem is big or small.
We will provide you with a wide range of information and advice, including:
Threat of eviction
If you’re worried about losing your home:
- You can contact your local Council office – you can find these listed below – but don’t forget that you can talk to us as a first port of call.
- Talk to us if you’re worried about debt and we can help you to address this.
- We can help you to check what benefits you are eligible for, including Housing Benefit, Universal Credit (housing element), and more.
- If you’ve been threatened with eviction because you can’t cope with your mortgage payments or have fallen into rent arrears, we can help. We work closely with our Local Authorities and their Housing departments to provide support to residents at risk of homelessness.
- We can help if you’re having trouble with your landlord – for example getting repairs made to your home – and if you’re worried that you’re being evicted unfairly because you’ve made a complaint.
If you’re worried about mortgage or rent arrears, you can also contact the Council offices listed.
Find more information on housing
Looking to buy your home? Calculate your monthly mortgage payment using this guide.
Citizens Advice offer a range of self-help information on many housing issues which you can find here or click below: