We can help you tackle problems with housing
Housing issues will always arise and therefore you need advice on where you stand, whether you are renting your home or paying a mortgage.
Housing issues can vary, from getting repairs completed to being evicted. We can help whether the problem is big or small.
Citizens Advice in West Sussex will provide you with a wide range of information and advice including:
Threat of eviction
You can contact us on Adviceline on 0344 477 1171 or visit us at your local advice centre to request an appointment.
If you are worried about mortgage or rent arrears, you can contact the Council offices listed.
Alternatively, you can visit us at your local advice centre to request an appointment.
Top tips to help you if you’re worried about losing your home
- If you are worried about mortgage or rent arrears, you can contact your local Council office – you can find these listed above – but don’t forget that you can talk to us as a first port of call.
- Talk to us if you’re worried about debt and we can help you to address this.
- We can help you to check what benefits you are eligible for, including Housing Benefit, Universal Credit (housing element), and much more.
- If you’ve been threatened with eviction because you can’t cope with your mortgage payments or have fallen into rent arrears, we can help. We work closely with our Local Authorities and their Housing departments to provide support to residents at risk of homelessness.
- We can help if you’re having trouble with your landlord – for example getting repairs made to your home – and if you’re worried that you’re being evicted unfairly because you’ve made a complaint.