If you're looking for help with energy or utility bills, please complete this form.

For information relating to Coronavirus, please click here.

We can help you tackle problems with housing

Housing issues will always arise and therefore you need advice on where you stand, whether you are renting your home or paying a mortgage.

Housing issues can vary, from getting repairs completed to being evicted. We can help whether the problem is big or small.

Citizens Advice in West Sussex will provide you with a wide range of information and advice including:


Rent or mortgage arrears

Threat of eviction

Threat of eviction and risk of homelessness

Housing Disrepair

Serious housing disrepair with risk to your health

Court action

Court action for anti-social behaviour

Unlawful eviction

Unlawful eviction or landlord harassment

Email us or call us on 0344 477 1171 to speak to an adviser.

If you are worried about mortgage or rent arrears, you can contact the Council offices listed.

Horsham District Council

Parkside, Chart Way, Horsham, RH12 1RL

Crawley Town Hall

The Boulevard, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 1UZ

Adur & Worthing Council

Portland House, 44 Richmond Road, Worthing, BN11 1HS

Mid Sussex District Council

Oaklands, Oaklands Rd, Haywards Heath, RH16 1SS

Alternatively, you can email us or call us on 0344 477 1171 to talk to an adviser.

Top tips to help you if you’re worried about losing your home

  1. If you are worried about mortgage or rent arrears, you can contact your local Council office – you can find these listed above – but don’t forget that you can talk to us as a first port of call.
  2. Talk to us if you’re worried about debt and we can help you to address this.
  3. We can help you to check what benefits you are eligible for, including Housing Benefit, Universal Credit (housing element), and much more.
  4. If you’ve been threatened with eviction because you can’t cope with your mortgage payments or have fallen into rent arrears, we can help. We work closely with our Local Authorities and their Housing departments to provide support to residents at risk of homelessness.
  5. We can help if you’re having trouble with your landlord – for example getting repairs made to your home – and if you’re worried that you’re being evicted unfairly because you’ve made a complaint.

If you live in Horsham, Crawley, Mid Sussex or Worthing, we also work in partnership with local authorities to provide specialist housing advice, contact us to find out more 0344 477 1171

Find out more about volunteering

“I helped a client to stay in their home last week. What could be more rewarding than that?”